Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Azhar the Scuba Diver Part II

We had to wake up early on a Saturday morning for a last dive day. The previous day's experience was just 'ok' coz there were not many things to see and i still haven't mastered my underwater skills yet. Anyway, thanks Ke You for driving us four to West Coast Pier. We had to unload all the 'bloody' equipment from the van to the pier which was quite a workout. Then we waited.

Is this the bumboat?

Nope......Is this the bumboat?

Nope........I eventually gave up trying to look out for our bumboat. Then up came this grumpy looking uncle to get us going to our destination!! Yipee!!

The guy on the extreme left of the next picture is one of our Dive Master, Roland. A nice guy with a great sense of humor. He was also keen to share his experiences with us and believe me, this guy has seen a lot of stuff underwater! Next to him is Mr. Thomas and Mr K.Y.
Thomas, as usual had 3/4 of his camera wrapped with those kind of transparent plastic wraps coz he scared of.............................actually i had no idea what he was scared of.

Of to Pulau Hantu we go!!

During our first dive, we didn't have any ropes or anchor to guide us down. So we decided to go down 2 by 2 to the bottom! Bad move!! Thomas and Ke you had trouble sinking......They deflated their vest and a few seconds later they surfaced. We realised they were standing on shallow corals!!HAHA!! The thing about the reef there is that after a few meters out, the reef drops to about 20 meters. After they descended, it was our turn. We looked at each other and deflated our vest. As we were sinking, I saw the most beautiful corals to the side of me but when i looked down..............nothing. I continued to sink...........After what seemed like an eternity, I touched the seafloor. I looked around for my buddy and was relieved that he was still with me. We looked around for the rest but we couldn't find them. After a short while looking, we decided to head back up. Once up, we met the rest and decided that we all should go down together coz it's easy to lose each other once we're down there.

We did some drills underwater but the visibility was quite bad coz some cukoo kept finning the sand. The reason the person gave........She kept floating and that she wanted to go down. We were all dumbfounded. If you fin when u are upright, you will obviously go up! But the worse thing was, she was adamant that she was right. Maybe the saltwater got to her somehow. So anyway, most of us were kept waiting around doing nothing underwater coz she kept screwing up her drill and the instructor had to spend a long time with her. Sigh............

For our next dive, we did some more drills and had our sight-seeing tour cancelled coz someone kept screwing up the drills and our Dive Master ran out of air. Darn.

I guess I'll have to go on my own Scuba Trip to see more underwater stuff. But first........I need to buy my own wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins. Pulau Aur.......here I come!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mosh the Toemato said...

Eh its called 'glad wrap' hahaha
and i put to keep it fresh lar.

you wrap your sandwiches to keep them fresh right?

5:11 PM  
Blogger JediMaster Azhar said...

AH! I learnt something new! And i never wrap my sandwiches......coz they tend to get 'lost'in my tummy before they can even make it to the wraps. Have a nice day Toemato

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home