Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Freedom.......Not!


I have been working part-time at an institution for the past week as a Registration Officer. My job.........check ppl's particulars and educational background to see if they qualify for the courses that they want to apply for. This indeed has been a real eye opener for me. I got to see all kinds of people with all kinds of attitude during my short stint there.

There were many who were in their 20's and 30's who wanted to retake their O'Levels or A'Levels. Some who were in their teens who had results so poor that they had to take classes at Sec 1 or Sec 2 level. Foreigners who had to pay about $1000 dollars ++ just to take Sec level classes.

Some ladies even went as far as to flirt openly with me just to get me to accept them for classes that they don't qualify for. Hahaha! Try as they might, I didn't make the rules! All the better for me!

I got to know a lot of people there too. Everyone working with me were nice and friendly. Even those working in the Data Entry department were cool! And some of the girls there were cute too. Too bad never had the chance to take photos with them coz we were usually overwhelmed with work.

I even made some friends out of the hundreds of applicants I 've seen the past few days. During the 'lull' period where there were not many people, I managed to have a little chat with them just to get the boredom out. And coz I know everything from their education background to their personal particulars, it's easier to find things in common to talk about. Well, I have one more day of work today and then that's it. Let's see if i have time to take any pics today.. I seriously doubt it...........Have a nice day all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home