Thursday, March 16, 2006

Scuba Addict liao!

I had my first scuba experience yesterday albeit in a swimming pool. It was both a great and not so great experience. The scuba 's great, not so the swimming test. We were all shocked when we reached there and were told to go for a swim test. I knew i was screwed! Hahaha! Somehow, somewhere, I managed to find the strength and determination to finish all the test. I tell you.....I seriously nearly died! Hahaha! For many, four laps might not be much but for me who seldom exercised(and what more in a pool) it was sheer torture. First 3 laps was fine but i struggled on the forth lap. After that, I thought i could rest. NO..................Swim 20m on one breath the instructor said. Struggled again i did but i managed to do it on the first try. Again i thought it was all over but NO................................. All had to tread water for god knows how long. I tahan for a minute or two, then i started to grab hold of the sides when the instructor's not looking. Hehehe......

Then we were broken up into groups and from there i got my buddy. Lawrence as he introduced himself to the group but i already knew him beforehand as he was Jiawei's friend. We were then thought about the scuba gear and how to assemble and disassemble the gear. After which we went for skin diving! Also damn fun! With a snorkel, fin and mask, you could already be enjoying the underwater world!

After lunch, we went for our scuba session!!!!!! The whole setup weighs like a ton but when we were in the water, everything was almost weightless. Best thing was, we didn't even have to tread water! Hehehe! With our BC, we can just pump air into our vest and we can float! We did a lot of exercise underwater and it was like super fun! I even dreamt that i was breathing underwater when i was sleeping last night. And of course I didn't sleep well coz I kept dreaming and the pain in my body was quite bad.

Anyway, we're going for our open water dive tomorrow at Pulau Hantu. Could have topped up $160 to go to Pulau AuR(Malaysia) and experience crystal clear water but never mind, I like 'Milo' water too.

I dunno if i am going to survive tomorrow so take care everyone! I hope my buddies are there to save me from the infamous Buaya in Singapore nicknamed 'Li Nanxing'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home