Monday, January 16, 2006

Decisions

I watched Crimson Tide again today on Channel 5 even though i've watched it countless number of time. All the while, I have supported Denzel's stand and decisions in the show. However today, i somehow feel otherwise.

In war, there can never be any hesistation, any 'blurness', any subjectiveness. The chain of command exist so that there can never be a 'in the middle ' kind of situation where a subordinate can say maybe or i'm not sure. When there is ambiguity in orders given or when one starts to question the orders given, the chain of command is broken and choas will ensue. I know that human beings (Singaporean's especially) were taught to think before we act, but if all of us start thinking then no one will do the fighting.

I have served my time in the army and i have followed orders which i felt were wrong or went against my concience. It was a hard time for me coz my freedom to think and act accordingly were taken away from me. I do not know why but i just kept mum. And so i just followed, and followed and followed orders till I lost my ability and willingness to think. It was just an easy way out for me i guess, not having any responsibility.

I dunno why i am writing this entry coz i seemed to have lost my objective here.
Morale of the story: I also dunno.....still waiting for someone to tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home